Mi Vida Loca and a scrapbook page!


Hi all! My life has been super crazy (mi vida loca) lately! I know I know EVERYONE says that - but this is the last week of school. We had a garage sale this weekend my parents were down we went out to eat with some friends and worked on the outside of the house prepping it for paint! This week is our anniversary, Andrew's parents are coming to town, we are painting the house, putting down flooring, cleaning the house top to bottom, taking pictures to use to help sell it, and have a BBQ for Memorial Day this weekend. Throw in the boys, the pets and life in general and it gets MUY LOCA!

Anyhoo - I just realized this weekend that I can stick my memory card into our super duper printer and upload pictures! WOO HOO! I was limited cause our computer is so old it doesn't support the software to upload from my new camera! So I could only scan in things like cards - no layouts - at least not 12x12. So I present to you a scrapbooking layout! FINALLY! My first love in papercrafting was scrapbooking and I think I am better at it - but I love the more instant gratification of altered items and cards.

This layout is of Blake's ultrasound pictures. I had 3 ultrasounds with him due to some of the problems I had! I started with a textured cardstock base - love that SU now has textured cs. Then I took a strip of patterned paper with a blue brown color scheme and spaced it so that I could slide tags behind it for my hidden journaling. I made the tags with my Sizzix Big Kick and tag die.The numbers and estimated arrival date are a font I downloaded - I am a FONT JUNKIE! It is called artiststamp and I used the RGB color codes I found on splitcoast to get the exact match to choc chip! I found the perfect paisley stamp and stamped in white craft in the corner to carry on the paisley from the patterned paper. The title I cut using my friend's cricut. She was also the one who said I needed something more to divide the paper for my little tag pockets so I paper pierced them and then hand stitched on them to make the pockets more defined. I really love this layout. My PPPM friend Jodes will tell you this is the layout that took me 3 months to finish!!!! But I am back in the scrapbooking groove and I am thrilled! It just comes so much easier to me. Here is a close up of the hand stitching. Funny how I can't sew to save my life but I can cross stitch! I used white DMC thread and just went up and down - super simple! The little bracket there is a chipboard sticker and I thought it was cute cause those two show that he was indeed a boy! They are pretty poor images - our hospital's ultrasounds are awful! I don't know why they just are! Some these days are so clear and crisp - ours are blurry and just look like a blobby alien! I am so glad that I have this memory saved - it was so neat - each trip for an ultrasound was so different! The first time it was just Andrew and I, the second we brought Kaden and he loved watching his brother on "TV"! And he liked getting pictures of his brother! The last time I went by myself and it was at 37 weeks so I was close! It was neat like a sneak peek right before his birth! I would have had two more before my due date but thankfully he showed up 10 days early. I will leave you with a picture of the tags. Tomorrow is my second wedding anniversary! YAY us! I have my card ready - will try and upload tomorrow - going to stop and buy my rose tomorrow after school. We are going out to eat - Olive Garden I think. His parents are coming into town and are going to watch the boys for us.


2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5/19/2008

    love this page so much!! You did a really super job!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5/20/2008

    This page is fantastic!! Great work!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! It makes my day!

Who is the Krafty Mama?


Hi I'm the Krafty one! :) I'm the Queen to 2 little knights and a sweet princess. I married my knight in shining armor (kevlar) over 8 years ago and I am a REAL mom, wife and substitute teacher trying to be the best I can be! I love "krafting" but tend to buy more supplies than I actually use. I love make up, nail polish, hair products and fashion but have been known to leave the house in sweats a messy bun and no make up! I love to cook and bake but am guilty of feeding my kids McDonalds in a pinch. I love direct sales and have joined too many to mention! I would love to get to know you!

Keep In Touch

Subscribe via Email

Enter your email address:

Grab My Button!

I would love it if you would join me on Influenster!

ExpressionsVinyl Logo
Vera Bradley Designs, Inc.
Common Creative Licence Tessa Miller-Schweder. Powered by Blogger.
workshop

I was a Featured Blogger!!!!

My TPT Shop

GroopDealz.com
Custom Invitations and Cards
Hotwire US
FREE $10 Giftcard, FREE Shipping, and Exclusive Holiday LEGO Set. Only Nov 29th - Dec 2nd
Julep Beauty Inc.
JuiceBeauty.com FREE SHIPPING