Try a Technique Tuesday - Rock and Roll


The first new technique I have for you is Rock and Roll! I read the tutorial at splitcoast and then we did it at club too!



The rock and roll technique is pretty simple but hey - anything that takes stamping to the next level is good right? Here is the link the the tutorial at SCS. Rock and Roll

You need a solid image stamp to do this. I chose the set True Friend. I love that set - even better that it is die cut!
I did the big medallion. Ink up your lightest color first - here groovy guava - then you roll the edges in the other color - I chose Close to Cocoa. Super simple!



So then I decided to do another image and make a card! I used the tri-flower and just did the tips. The card base is River Rock, then a layer of groovy guava corners punched with my CM fancy corner punch, then some Apple Cider DP (love it hope it comes out in fall catty) punched with SU's ticket corner punch. In the bottom right corner I used a sentiment from Simple Delights and stamped "Just Because You're You" in Close to Cocoa - I love that saying! I punched out the image with my PINK Marvy oval punch and layered it on a close to cocoa piece punched out using the PURPLE Marvy scalloped oval punch. I added my ribbon by punching a hole and threading it through then tying a bow I used Groovy Guava stitched ribbon. I just love this year's in colors! What am I going to do when they retire????????? Thanks for looking!

Tools:
CS: River Rock, Close to Cocoa, Groovy Guava - SU
DP: Apple Cider - SU

Punches: CM Fancy Corner, SU Ticket Corner and tiny hole punch, Marvy Oval and Scalloped Oval
Ribbon: Groovy Guava Stitched - SU



5 comments:

  1. Anonymous5/29/2008

    wow this is simply beautiful!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I am PrincessScrapsAlot on Splitcoaststampers. I just wanted to say that you dou amazing work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful! I love everything about this card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5/30/2008

    LOVE IT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a pretty card!!!!! Great Job (:

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! It makes my day!

Who is the Krafty Mama?


Hi I'm the Krafty one! :) I'm the Queen to 2 little knights and a sweet princess. I married my knight in shining armor (kevlar) over 8 years ago and I am a REAL mom, wife and substitute teacher trying to be the best I can be! I love "krafting" but tend to buy more supplies than I actually use. I love make up, nail polish, hair products and fashion but have been known to leave the house in sweats a messy bun and no make up! I love to cook and bake but am guilty of feeding my kids McDonalds in a pinch. I love direct sales and have joined too many to mention! I would love to get to know you!

Keep In Touch

Subscribe via Email

Enter your email address:

Grab My Button!

I would love it if you would join me on Influenster!

ExpressionsVinyl Logo
Vera Bradley Designs, Inc.
Common Creative Licence Tessa Miller-Schweder. Powered by Blogger.
workshop

I was a Featured Blogger!!!!

My TPT Shop

GroopDealz.com
Custom Invitations and Cards
Hotwire US
FREE $10 Giftcard, FREE Shipping, and Exclusive Holiday LEGO Set. Only Nov 29th - Dec 2nd
Julep Beauty Inc.
JuiceBeauty.com FREE SHIPPING