*SPLASH* SS DT Entry 2



Here is another LO I did for Serendipity Scrapbooks design team call. This one we were to create a LO with at least 3 photos and hand cutwork! Ummmm hand cutwork? Not something I do alot! But I think it turned out nicely. It was a real work in progress for this layout! My original plan was using different paper for a layout from our Honeymoon in Maui. But then I was looking at these photos of Kaden from the pool and got the idea for this layout. I just love this paper - it's by Crate Paper and is perfect for summer or vacation layouts. The swirls were already on the blue paper and I cut them out leaving some here and there. The swirls are die cuts but from the same line so they match perfectly. I love how the golden background has real subtle swirls and matches the slide in the picture!!!! I also went outside my comfort zone on the placement of pics - it's not my usual to slant the pics like that but I like how it turned out! The title is more BG chipboard - have I mentioned how much I like that stuff????? These I used various Pallet spots in blues and some yellows to get lots of depth and variation - I had to keep going over them as the ink seeps in and washes out the color. I also wanted a little more so I added some flowers - I know I know on a BOY layout! But they are blue and yellow and I think they look good! My favorite part of this layout though is the details I created using Crystal Effects or Glassy Glaze it has several different names. It is a glue that dries clear making things appear wet - has MANY other uses as well! I used it on the hand cut work to enhance some details as well as on the title to look like water droplets and even on the flowers!!!! It took a while to completely dry as I used ALOT in some places!

Here is a close up of the flowers and title so you can see the CE looking like water droplets.

Here is a close up of the cut work - you will see I also doodled around it for more definition - you can also see the CE on the cut work.


Tools:
Paper: Crate Paper, Barely Banana CS by SU
Ink: pallet ink spots in LOTS of colors
Embellishments: Primas in blue and yellow, brads in blue and yellow, Stamp and write marker in Night of Navy, Crystal Effects, BG Chipboard Alphas
Tools: Fine Tip Sissors, EK Success Retractable Craft Knife


*Live*Laugh*Love*Create*
Tessa

13 comments:

  1. What an awesome layout!! I love the way you set up the SPLASH and the CE looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! This is abslutely beautful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous LO. I love everything about it, the papers, the photos..........just everything! :)
    The phone charms on my blog are very simple, quick to make and lovely to give as small gifts (for teachers etc as they don't break the bank. The cords are ready made then all you need is a charm for the end, six links of chain, a dozen or so head pins and some beads.
    If you want to email me (my addy is on my blog) your address I will make you one and send it over :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a neat page! I like how you made it look like water has really splashed on the page. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi

    Would like share Wilde woman award - hope you too enjoy it

    TC
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the splash it is really pretty! Thanks for sharing the layout, I have a bunch of summer pictures I may adapt to this design!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute layout! I love the way you used the swirls like waves. So clever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this page. The extra splash is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love this page! Thanks for the close up of the splash chipboard. That extra touch of clear looks just like water from a splash (which I am sure is what you were going for!). This is a really cool and interesting page. Great job Tess!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i LOVE this layout! this is just perfect in every way! The colors, the layout and the embellishments! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your page!!Your blog is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a fun page, great work

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it! I hope to make my pages half as nice as yours!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! It makes my day!

Who is the Krafty Mama?


Hi I'm the Krafty one! :) I'm the Queen to 2 little knights and a sweet princess. I married my knight in shining armor (kevlar) over 8 years ago and I am a REAL mom, wife and substitute teacher trying to be the best I can be! I love "krafting" but tend to buy more supplies than I actually use. I love make up, nail polish, hair products and fashion but have been known to leave the house in sweats a messy bun and no make up! I love to cook and bake but am guilty of feeding my kids McDonalds in a pinch. I love direct sales and have joined too many to mention! I would love to get to know you!

Keep In Touch

Subscribe via Email

Enter your email address:

Grab My Button!

I would love it if you would join me on Influenster!

ExpressionsVinyl Logo
Vera Bradley Designs, Inc.
Common Creative Licence Tessa Miller-Schweder. Powered by Blogger.
workshop

I was a Featured Blogger!!!!

My TPT Shop

GroopDealz.com
Custom Invitations and Cards
Hotwire US
FREE $10 Giftcard, FREE Shipping, and Exclusive Holiday LEGO Set. Only Nov 29th - Dec 2nd
Julep Beauty Inc.
JuiceBeauty.com FREE SHIPPING