How to Create and Altered Clipboard



Now I know this is nothing new but I thought I would share it with you! I originally got the idea from SCS! Well not TO alter a clipboard but HOW best to go about it! And if you want to play you can also enter over at Serendipity Scrapbooks to win a nice little RAK from me in their SKETCH-A-PA-LOOZA! Go check it out!

This is a great gift for teachers, coaches or anyone who likes to keep things organized!

STEP ONE) Paint - just liberally apply Making Memories or other acrylic paint with a brush - less coverage will give it a shabby chic look.

STEP TWO) Lay paper of choice on bottom of the front of clipboard and flip over and trace.

STEP THREE) Adhere paper to the font bottom portion of your clipboard using adhesive of choice - can even use the modge podge!

STEP FOUR) Stamp on the top half of the front of your clipboard using stamp and ink of choice

STEP FIVE) Adhere ribbon of choice across front of clipboard at the edge of paper- cut length longer than needed to wrap around and hide on the back.

STEP SIX) Wrap ribbon around to the back side of clipboard and adhere.

STEP SEVEN) Then trace paper (probably need two sheets) as in step 2 using patterned paper or cardstock of choice.

STEP EIGHT) Cut several lengths of coordinating ribbon and tie to clip portion on the front of clipboard - trim excess

STEP NINE) Punch out scalloped circle, plain circle (stamped with initial of choice) and adhere to front bottom right corner of clipboard. Ink edges and give a liberal coat of modge podge to seal and help it last a long time!
Then you will have your finished project.

These are the basic steps in creating an altered clipboard. You can add to this base. If adding "lumpy" embellishments the front is ok if it is designed for decoration but if someone is going to use it like a teacher I suggest the back so they can still write on the front.

You can add more or less ribbon - glimmer mist - or sparkle modge podge - use letter stickers on the back to spell out a name or team - even add pictures! I can't wait to see what you come up with!


*Live*Laugh*Love*Create*
Tessa

0 Loves:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! It makes my day!

Who is the Krafty Mama?


Hi I'm the Krafty one! :) I'm the Queen to 2 little knights and a sweet princess. I married my knight in shining armor (kevlar) over 8 years ago and I am a REAL mom, wife and substitute teacher trying to be the best I can be! I love "krafting" but tend to buy more supplies than I actually use. I love make up, nail polish, hair products and fashion but have been known to leave the house in sweats a messy bun and no make up! I love to cook and bake but am guilty of feeding my kids McDonalds in a pinch. I love direct sales and have joined too many to mention! I would love to get to know you!

Keep In Touch

Subscribe via Email

Enter your email address:

Grab My Button!

I would love it if you would join me on Influenster!

ExpressionsVinyl Logo
Vera Bradley Designs, Inc.
Common Creative Licence Tessa Miller-Schweder. Powered by Blogger.
workshop

I was a Featured Blogger!!!!

My TPT Shop

GroopDealz.com
Custom Invitations and Cards
Hotwire US
FREE $10 Giftcard, FREE Shipping, and Exclusive Holiday LEGO Set. Only Nov 29th - Dec 2nd
Julep Beauty Inc.
JuiceBeauty.com FREE SHIPPING