Seasons of Change Hop On - Pre-K


 So Happy Labor Day Peeps! I hope you are enjoying the day whatever you are doing! I really wanted to craft this weekend and I got to! YAY! It's been awhile with the start of school my crafting takes a back seat. I tend to scrap with the season for the most part - in summer I like to scrap summer pics, winter I like to scrap Christmas and snow pics and so on. I decided to check out one of my FAVE forums for some scrappy inspiration Saturday morning and lo and behold they were having a Seasons of Change scrappy blog hop and weekend of fun and challenges! The forum is Scrapbook Challenges.
 They are ushering in a new design team and what better way to do that than with a blog hop? If you want to see all the scrappy goodness you will need to start HERE with Paula (the founding genius of Scrapook Challenges)! The blog hop features layouts designed using a sketch by Paula - I love her sketches!


And Paula wants YOU to get in on the fun! She's invited EVERYONE to participate and HOP ON by creating a layout using the above sketch! So here is what I came up with!

 I kinda flipped and played with the sketch and made it my own! I knew I wanted to do a school layout so I used this picture of Kaden from his first day of Pre-K last year. I had just scored some fun new Sassafrass Lass Paper at Hobby Lobby for half off so that is what I used for the background and two scalloped edges. The green cs is Core'dinations for Jenni Bowlin - I love it! I sanded it with my SU sanding block to make the embossed part stand out! It is really my first time using it - and I really like it - never saw what the fuss what about before! Also used a Jenni Bowlin school bingo card and pennant stickers. The letters are OLD Creative Memories but they worked just perfect! I have had that alphabet twill since my leaving prints days! I seriously need to use up stuff and not hoard! The ruler is actually a real ruler! I thought it was just perfect! The two embellies are stamped images one from Technique Tuesday (pencil) and the other is Maya Road (apple) I stamped them colored them in layered them with  scalloped circles of cardstock and popped them up with pop dots. Thanks so much for looking and be sure to check out the other Hop On participants HERE and feel free to join Scrapbook Challenges and be my friend!

*Live*Laugh*Love*Create*
Tessa

21 comments:

  1. Super cute LO! And I love the sketch! bookmarking it for whatever decade I start scrapbooking again.;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. adorable! love the school theme layout. great papers! so glad you participated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, cute! Love how you flipped the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great back-to-school layout!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too cute and adorable - love the ruler!

    ReplyDelete
  6. adorable, love the school theme

    ReplyDelete
  7. So thoughtfull to flip the sketch! Really nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! I love all the papers and that you flipped the sketch on it's side.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute, I just love the papers and the school theme.
    -Cher

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is wonderful! I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great LO! love the mix of manufacturers you used! IT all worked so well together!

    ReplyDelete
  12. very cute use of that paper.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the way you used those papers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the bright colors!!! and the flip on the side! looks terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love how you flipped the sketch! Great work! Glad you hopped on and shared your layout!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous9/06/2010

    Great job flipping the sketch! Love the papers.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great take on the sketch. Very September!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely take on the sketch

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love how you flipped the sketch, great page!

    ReplyDelete
  20. this is a GREAT LO...I love the "penmanship" paper background, the scallops, the pennants, too much to mention.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! It makes my day!

Who is the Krafty Mama?


Hi I'm the Krafty one! :) I'm the Queen to 2 little knights and a sweet princess. I married my knight in shining armor (kevlar) over 8 years ago and I am a REAL mom, wife and substitute teacher trying to be the best I can be! I love "krafting" but tend to buy more supplies than I actually use. I love make up, nail polish, hair products and fashion but have been known to leave the house in sweats a messy bun and no make up! I love to cook and bake but am guilty of feeding my kids McDonalds in a pinch. I love direct sales and have joined too many to mention! I would love to get to know you!

Keep In Touch

Subscribe via Email

Enter your email address:

Grab My Button!

I would love it if you would join me on Influenster!

ExpressionsVinyl Logo
Vera Bradley Designs, Inc.
Common Creative Licence Tessa Miller-Schweder. Powered by Blogger.
workshop

I was a Featured Blogger!!!!

My TPT Shop

GroopDealz.com
Custom Invitations and Cards
Hotwire US
FREE $10 Giftcard, FREE Shipping, and Exclusive Holiday LEGO Set. Only Nov 29th - Dec 2nd
Julep Beauty Inc.
JuiceBeauty.com FREE SHIPPING