Halloween Treats for School - Goo


 Being a mom and a teacher is sometimes one of the hardest things for me! I want to be super involved with Kaden's class but I have a class of my own to worry about! This was the first party of the year and I knew I wanted to make something for the kiddos and I didn't want it to be candy! They will have plenty of that after tonight!  So I remembered a blog post I saw like TWO years ago where they made goo in jars and decorated them with scrap supplies and MS's drippy goo punch. It was actually what made me HAVE to get that punch!
Now Halloween week is always crazy for everyone but at our school it's a little extra insane! For us it's Halloween week, Red Ribbon Week, Grandparents Week, Book Fair oh and Parent Teacher Conferences! Sheesh! I am so glad October is almost over!
Anyways, back to the project! I set off to make jars of goo inspired by my MS drippy goo punch. Easy enough. I aquired the jars, had Andrew (Mr. Krafty Mama) paint the lids black, and set off to decorating. I had a great idea for the lids using the Cricut Pumpkin Carving Cartridge! Here is what I came up with.
Cute? I thought so! I also had a bat topper. I went with Cats and Bats for Kindergarteners and pumpkins on the side - I tried a square with Boo on the side but I need a new matte? blade? cause it wouldn't cut! The teacher isn't too fond of Halloween so I didn't want to go all out with witches and ghosts. Notice anything missing?

The Next Step was the GOO for inside! I looked up recipes online and decided on glue and liquid starch.
It took 6 BIG bottles of glue and 3 cups of liquid starch to make enough for 32 jars! I tinted it with green food coloring. My tip is let it sit out for a bit this seems to get rid of the extra stickiness - or use more liquid starch oh and DON'T stir - you have to knead it with your hands!
So at 11:30 Tuesday night - before conferences Wednesday I was finishing up my goo!
 I got it all in the jars and decided the ribbon could wait till tomorrow!

Here is a picture with the ribbon - which my fourth graders helped me tie on at Study Hall on Thursday cause it didn't get done Wednesday night! I was exhausted and had papers to grade (which didn't get done either). Notice anything missing yet?
Well they were a HUGE hit - the parents all thought they were incredible and the kids loved them! I managed to run back and forth between both parties and there were no major catastrophes! Only a blown breaker and fire alarm set off - but that was from the 4th graders - oh and ours was only the first fire alarm! The rest were 3rd grade! LOL
Evidence of a Happy Boy:
so did you figure out what was missing?!?!?
The DIPPY GOO punch!
Sheesh!
Oh well there is always Blake's class in kdg!

Supplies:
Stamps: none
CS: Orange, Black, Green, all from stash!
PP: various halloween from stash
Cricut: Pumpkin Carving Cartridge
Other: Glue, Liquid starch, baby food jars, black paint, ribbon

*Live*Laugh*Love*Create*
Tessa

2 comments:

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! It makes my day!

Who is the Krafty Mama?


Hi I'm the Krafty one! :) I'm the Queen to 2 little knights and a sweet princess. I married my knight in shining armor (kevlar) over 8 years ago and I am a REAL mom, wife and substitute teacher trying to be the best I can be! I love "krafting" but tend to buy more supplies than I actually use. I love make up, nail polish, hair products and fashion but have been known to leave the house in sweats a messy bun and no make up! I love to cook and bake but am guilty of feeding my kids McDonalds in a pinch. I love direct sales and have joined too many to mention! I would love to get to know you!

Keep In Touch

Subscribe via Email

Enter your email address:

Grab My Button!

I would love it if you would join me on Influenster!

ExpressionsVinyl Logo
Vera Bradley Designs, Inc.
Common Creative Licence Tessa Miller-Schweder. Powered by Blogger.
workshop

I was a Featured Blogger!!!!

My TPT Shop

GroopDealz.com
Custom Invitations and Cards
Hotwire US
FREE $10 Giftcard, FREE Shipping, and Exclusive Holiday LEGO Set. Only Nov 29th - Dec 2nd
Julep Beauty Inc.
JuiceBeauty.com FREE SHIPPING