Snow Day - and a DARE!


 I have a nice snowy layout to share with you today! I used the Sketch from Get Your Sketch On, the new sketch site I posted about a few days ago - hurry there is still time to play till Sunday night! And I used Dare 45 from Elizabeth Kartchner's book 52 more scrapbooking challenges which is featured on my friend Scrappy Natty's blog! The challenge or dare is to Get Inked! That is to use ink on your layout!
 I used the snowflake stamps from Gina K's Winter Mittens in Marina Mist on Marina Mist CS. I then spritzed some Sea Glass, Lavender Fields and Snowflake Glimmer Mist on the background. I also painted the edges with a white paint dauber! Then for the felt snowflakes from SU I spritzed them with the same colors of glimmer mist and it was a totally different look. In the center of the snowflakes I put either a rhinestone or a dew drop. I placed a small strip of SU pp behind the bottom row to anchor the picture.
Beside the picture I added a sparkly sprig and berries and tied some Marina Mist taffeta ribbon to that.
For the title I just used some sparkly Doodlebug letters and wrote his age and the date in Marina Mist SU marker.
Here is a close up of the picture with Sprig and title.
Thanks for looking and be sure to check out

*Live*Laugh*Love*Create*

6 comments:

  1. Love it!! You went to a lot of work, and it shows! Thanks for playing along!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Tessa! LOVE the snowflakes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful way to showcase a great photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tessa!! This is a great take on the sketch!!! Thanks for playing along with us... I love how you made the sketch work for just one photo! Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful interpretation of the sketch! Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  6. Compliments for the win!!! :*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! It makes my day!

Who is the Krafty Mama?


Hi I'm the Krafty one! :) I'm the Queen to 2 little knights and a sweet princess. I married my knight in shining armor (kevlar) over 8 years ago and I am a REAL mom, wife and substitute teacher trying to be the best I can be! I love "krafting" but tend to buy more supplies than I actually use. I love make up, nail polish, hair products and fashion but have been known to leave the house in sweats a messy bun and no make up! I love to cook and bake but am guilty of feeding my kids McDonalds in a pinch. I love direct sales and have joined too many to mention! I would love to get to know you!

Keep In Touch

Subscribe via Email

Enter your email address:

Grab My Button!

I would love it if you would join me on Influenster!

ExpressionsVinyl Logo
Vera Bradley Designs, Inc.
Common Creative Licence Tessa Miller-Schweder. Powered by Blogger.
workshop

I was a Featured Blogger!!!!

My TPT Shop

GroopDealz.com
Custom Invitations and Cards
Hotwire US
FREE $10 Giftcard, FREE Shipping, and Exclusive Holiday LEGO Set. Only Nov 29th - Dec 2nd
Julep Beauty Inc.
JuiceBeauty.com FREE SHIPPING