St. Joseph Missouri Josephine Expo


I love vendor shows, craft shows all things girly and so I was super excited to get to go to the Josephine Women's expo this year! I have always wanted to go but could never make it work with our crazy October schedule. Finally today I got to go. 
First off Josephine is a monthly Women's magazine that is published and included in the St. Joseph News Press. Tickets to the event are $5 or $4 with coupon. My tickets were free.
This year's theme was "A Treat for Her".
We received a goodie bag with our tickets which had a copy of the magazine and some flyers.


The event had live music and a Fashion Show. We watched the fashion show at 2 and it was fun to see friend's children modeling! I liked the variety of stores shown, and ages and sizes of the models! I would like to see more stores represented and stores such as Lil Pink Closet and Nu 2 You which are our local resale stores.

There were two floors of vendors at the Civic Arena including direct sales, Auto Dealer, grocery store, food vendors and more.

My favorite vendors were

They had samples, wine by the glass and bottles. I tried several and bought
Breathe Easy Strawberry Wine which is AMAZING!

My friend Davina Fansher with the Soap Lounge

141003_expo_file

I love Davina and her products and have taught her children! I got a new Katydid Breast Cancer Awareness Shirt at her booth!

They had a Zyto Scan machine which I wanted to try but it was down by the time we went back to check it out. But they said I could stop by the shop any time or they are having a Ladies Night Out Thursday, October 23 so I might check that out!

They did an evaluation on both mom and I which was interesting to see.

They gave away koozies, keychains and tans and they girl showed me some neat products. I am going to have to check them out!

I talked to the sweetest ladies about this organization that I really didn't know much about! Turns out they are pretty awesome and are all over check out your local chapter!

We had Famous Dave's BBQ for lunch!

It was a fun day out!

What I would like to see more of:
Samples, coupons, freebies!
Nail polish/salon vendors
Cupcake vendors
Services - actual presentations on make up etc.

Ideas for future:
Have cover models there.
Seminars for women 
Craft classes

I know that the Vendor fees are pretty high so I think lowering those would give more people an opportunity to share their products/services. 

A different date - it is ALWAYS the same day as Paint the Parkway Pink (a local breast cancer walk) and it was also a home local college football game. Perhaps going later than 4 pm as well.

0 Loves:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! It makes my day!

Who is the Krafty Mama?


Hi I'm the Krafty one! :) I'm the Queen to 2 little knights and a sweet princess. I married my knight in shining armor (kevlar) over 8 years ago and I am a REAL mom, wife and substitute teacher trying to be the best I can be! I love "krafting" but tend to buy more supplies than I actually use. I love make up, nail polish, hair products and fashion but have been known to leave the house in sweats a messy bun and no make up! I love to cook and bake but am guilty of feeding my kids McDonalds in a pinch. I love direct sales and have joined too many to mention! I would love to get to know you!

Keep In Touch

Subscribe via Email

Enter your email address:

Grab My Button!

I would love it if you would join me on Influenster!

ExpressionsVinyl Logo
Vera Bradley Designs, Inc.
Common Creative Licence Tessa Miller-Schweder. Powered by Blogger.
workshop

I was a Featured Blogger!!!!

My TPT Shop

GroopDealz.com
Custom Invitations and Cards
Hotwire US
FREE $10 Giftcard, FREE Shipping, and Exclusive Holiday LEGO Set. Only Nov 29th - Dec 2nd
Julep Beauty Inc.
JuiceBeauty.com FREE SHIPPING