Chalk Countdown Charger


Hello! How has your day been? Did you have to work today? I didn't! YAY! The kiddos were all off too. I have spend the day cooking, baking and crafting and I can't wait to share my creations with you so don't forget to follow me on BLOGLOVIN to see what I come up with next! My husband took my car in to be inspected and licence today before having to work tonight and tomorrow BUT it is his LAST week as a Patrol officer! He starts Detectives on Monday, December 1! We are pretty excited about it!  But anyway on to the second craft from my Girls Crafting Day this past Saturday with my lovely friend Cheri in her new house!

To make this craft you will need:
Your choice of large plastic charger
Chalkboard paint
Foam paintbrush
Letter Stickers
Ribbon  and Bow Tying Skills or Pre-made Bow
Adhesive Rhinestones (optional)
Plate Stand (optional)


First lay down newspaper or plastic bags to protect your surface. Be sure to mix chalkboard paint before starting,


Then paint the center of your charger with the chalkboard paint. We found dabbing it on thick for the first coat worked better than painting with strokes. Then go back and dab in missed areas. I then gave mine a second coat - it dries very nice and smooth!


Next I added a strip of adhesive red rhinestones around the center of the charger. I wanted mine to be really blinged out! It was super easy I just peeled off the strips of rhinestones and lined them up! I love how it added to the finished project and brought it all together!


After the paint dries add your letter stickers starting with "Christmas" and then centering the other words above it. You can see where I messed up and had to repaint! I hate centering letters! You can see this in my scrapbook layouts because I almost always but letter stickers for titles on a straight edge or purposefully crooked!


Finally use ribbon to make a bow if you are capable of doing so....or buy a pre-made bow (like me) and attach with hot glue gun!


And there you have it! A custom easy countdown charger! I love how mine looks and it will look great with my red, white, and silver, Candy Cane themed decor!


Here is Cheri's almost finished. I love hers too! She went with a more rustic burlap look but it is equally fabulous!

What do you think? Thanks for looking! Feel free to pin!
Find Joy in the Journey,
Tess


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for linking up on the Happiness is Homemade Link Up! Love this idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! It makes my day!

Who is the Krafty Mama?


Hi I'm the Krafty one! :) I'm the Queen to 2 little knights and a sweet princess. I married my knight in shining armor (kevlar) over 8 years ago and I am a REAL mom, wife and substitute teacher trying to be the best I can be! I love "krafting" but tend to buy more supplies than I actually use. I love make up, nail polish, hair products and fashion but have been known to leave the house in sweats a messy bun and no make up! I love to cook and bake but am guilty of feeding my kids McDonalds in a pinch. I love direct sales and have joined too many to mention! I would love to get to know you!

Keep In Touch

Subscribe via Email

Enter your email address:

Grab My Button!

I would love it if you would join me on Influenster!

ExpressionsVinyl Logo
Vera Bradley Designs, Inc.
Common Creative Licence Tessa Miller-Schweder. Powered by Blogger.
workshop

I was a Featured Blogger!!!!

My TPT Shop

GroopDealz.com
Custom Invitations and Cards
Hotwire US
FREE $10 Giftcard, FREE Shipping, and Exclusive Holiday LEGO Set. Only Nov 29th - Dec 2nd
Julep Beauty Inc.
JuiceBeauty.com FREE SHIPPING