Friday Night Scraps - Homecoming



Tonight is my turn to host Friday Night Scraps leading up to the SUPERBOWL OF SCRAP over at SCS. My challenge is called HOMECOMING.

Every high school and college that play football has it - Homecoming - that one special game where the hype is 10 times the others. The community comes out in full force and former students and especially players come back to support their alma mater!
Homecoming isn't just the game it's the spirit week with crazy theme days, the parade, the pep rally, the bonfire, the homecoming court and the dance!
Tonight is both the school district I work for GO SAVAGES, and the high school I went to GO BLUE JAYS, homecoming.
We have had spirit week all week leading up to today. School let out early and everyone heads to main street for the parade!
It is some of my favorite memories from both high school and college - homecoming week!

Ok for my layout...
This layout was inspired by the cover of a Simple Scrapbooks mag - September I think. The colors were drawn from the dimensional title.
The base is brown American Crafts CS - love this stuff! The journaling is on PTI Summer Sun cs and I used my threading water punch along the bottom and faux stitched a straight stitch at the top. The DP is SEI which I used my slit punch to create scalloped edges at the top and bottom. I doodled around it. I matted the picture of our house on Tempting Turquoise and faux stitched to look like XX's around it.
I tied some PTI spring moss twill across it making a bow and the Title is from Michaels and I used the MM multicolor on white tiny alphas - I am obsessed with those! TFL and come play with us HERE!
*Live*Laugh*Love*Create*
Tessa


3 comments:

  1. This is a great layout! It looks really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I reallllly need to get scrapping again. I have been so into cardmaking that my other obsession is being neglected. Love the layout!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! It makes my day!

Who is the Krafty Mama?


Hi I'm the Krafty one! :) I'm the Queen to 2 little knights and a sweet princess. I married my knight in shining armor (kevlar) over 8 years ago and I am a REAL mom, wife and substitute teacher trying to be the best I can be! I love "krafting" but tend to buy more supplies than I actually use. I love make up, nail polish, hair products and fashion but have been known to leave the house in sweats a messy bun and no make up! I love to cook and bake but am guilty of feeding my kids McDonalds in a pinch. I love direct sales and have joined too many to mention! I would love to get to know you!

Keep In Touch

Subscribe via Email

Enter your email address:

Grab My Button!

I would love it if you would join me on Influenster!

ExpressionsVinyl Logo
Vera Bradley Designs, Inc.
Common Creative Licence Tessa Miller-Schweder. Powered by Blogger.
workshop

I was a Featured Blogger!!!!

My TPT Shop

GroopDealz.com
Custom Invitations and Cards
Hotwire US
FREE $10 Giftcard, FREE Shipping, and Exclusive Holiday LEGO Set. Only Nov 29th - Dec 2nd
Julep Beauty Inc.
JuiceBeauty.com FREE SHIPPING