Happy WCMD!!!


I hope everyone has a GREAT World Card Making Day and gets some quality stampin time! This day has an extra special meaning to me. You see last year on WCMD (Oct. 6) I was all set to work on assembling all but the crucial info and pics for the baby boy I was expecting. Well that and catch some good sales! Blake had a different plan! Around 1 pm my water broke however I was having no contractions or pain of any kind so I wasn't SURE it was my water. I ran to Target and some other errands during which my water started GUSHING! I made it home and told Andrew this was it and we got to the hospital around 4 pm. Blake was born at 7:00 pm on the dot! So I will always think of my baby on WCMD no matter what day it falls!

Here are a couple of cards to share with you today!


This card is my baby's birthday card for his party today! More about that later! I made this using Simple Birthday Thanks - you know that BIG cupcake! I love this stamp but hadn't used it yet! I paper pieced the top by stamping in white craft ink onto some patterned paper. I stamped the cherry on pure pom cardstock and the base on bashful blue and flipped it over after cutting it out and ran it through my paper crimper ~ which I think is maybe the 2nd time I've EVER used it! I stickled the cherry with Diamond stickles and the spots on the cupcake with Baby Blue stickles - also used those in the punched out area from the ticket corner punch. I tied some choc chip twill around the base and some bashful blue taffeta ribbon too!


This card is for one of the WCMD challenges on SCS! It was a sketch challenge and I {heart} a good sketch! This is old DP called Apple Cider - I really like it! The sentiment was stamped in Versamark and then embossed with COPPER ep! I don't know where it came from but I think it's perfect for this card! I punched that out and layered with more Apple Cider DP and ran some River Rock stiched ribbon through it! I added some cream DMC floss to the choc chip buttons and put one on each panel. Thanks for looking!!!!

*Live*Laugh*Love*Create*
Tessa


5 comments:

  1. That cupcake is sooo cute!!!! Happy card making day to you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10/05/2008

    Both cards are so cute!!! I LOVE The cupcake!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards! Love that copper embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what lovely cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cupcake card!!! The Thanksgiving card is great also. I sooo miss the old designer papers and am hoarding them!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! It makes my day!

Who is the Krafty Mama?


Hi I'm the Krafty one! :) I'm the Queen to 2 little knights and a sweet princess. I married my knight in shining armor (kevlar) over 8 years ago and I am a REAL mom, wife and substitute teacher trying to be the best I can be! I love "krafting" but tend to buy more supplies than I actually use. I love make up, nail polish, hair products and fashion but have been known to leave the house in sweats a messy bun and no make up! I love to cook and bake but am guilty of feeding my kids McDonalds in a pinch. I love direct sales and have joined too many to mention! I would love to get to know you!

Keep In Touch

Subscribe via Email

Enter your email address:

Grab My Button!

I would love it if you would join me on Influenster!

ExpressionsVinyl Logo
Vera Bradley Designs, Inc.
Common Creative Licence Tessa Miller-Schweder. Powered by Blogger.
workshop

I was a Featured Blogger!!!!

My TPT Shop

GroopDealz.com
Custom Invitations and Cards
Hotwire US
FREE $10 Giftcard, FREE Shipping, and Exclusive Holiday LEGO Set. Only Nov 29th - Dec 2nd
Julep Beauty Inc.
JuiceBeauty.com FREE SHIPPING