Matte/Glossy Nails


Mani Monday


Trying out Mani Monday with a new link up I found. Mani Monday at Glitter and Gloss. I started to do my own nails after gels left them thin and a wreck!

I wanted to try matte top coat and I scored a good deal on the OPI one at Ulta in a Christmas set on clearance I had seen a pin on pinterest with nails that were half matte and half shiny on a diagonal so I thought I would try it out. I used Warm Me UP which I also got on sale after Christmas at Ulta.

So first I painted my whole nail with Warm Me Up

This was two coats seems a lil thin for two coats of OPI I wonder if I should wait longer between coats. Patience is my biggest problem when it comes to my nails!

I then cut tape at an angle and placed it across my nails and painted the bottom half with OPI matte top coat.
I then removed the tape and painted the shiny half with regular OPI top coat.



The matte top coat seemed to pick up the polish resulting in an even thinner appearance. This manicure chipped super fast too! :( Anyone have any tips for matte top coat? I need to go back and find the original pin and see if it link to a website or blog post with more information!

1 comment:

  1. The best matte coat I've ever used is the ULTA brand polish - it goes on really smooth and really looks great when I don't want to have a shiny finish.

    So fun to meet another Tessa =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! It makes my day!

Who is the Krafty Mama?


Hi I'm the Krafty one! :) I'm the Queen to 2 little knights and a sweet princess. I married my knight in shining armor (kevlar) over 8 years ago and I am a REAL mom, wife and substitute teacher trying to be the best I can be! I love "krafting" but tend to buy more supplies than I actually use. I love make up, nail polish, hair products and fashion but have been known to leave the house in sweats a messy bun and no make up! I love to cook and bake but am guilty of feeding my kids McDonalds in a pinch. I love direct sales and have joined too many to mention! I would love to get to know you!

Keep In Touch

Subscribe via Email

Enter your email address:

Grab My Button!

I would love it if you would join me on Influenster!

ExpressionsVinyl Logo
Vera Bradley Designs, Inc.
Common Creative Licence Tessa Miller-Schweder. Powered by Blogger.
workshop

I was a Featured Blogger!!!!

My TPT Shop

GroopDealz.com
Custom Invitations and Cards
Hotwire US
FREE $10 Giftcard, FREE Shipping, and Exclusive Holiday LEGO Set. Only Nov 29th - Dec 2nd
Julep Beauty Inc.
JuiceBeauty.com FREE SHIPPING