Week Night Lasagna




I always here people complaining about making Lasagna! How it's a Saturday or special occasion meal. I never understood why since I have always used the no boil method, but I get it if you have to boil the noodles and if you were to make homemade sauce then yes I could see you saying it's too much work! But why miss out on the yumminess that is lasagna because of having to boil noodles and homemade sauce. Lasagna is one of our family's favorite meals and I make enough we actually have leftovers {a rarity in our house}!


Let's start with what you will need to make Lasagna!
Lasagna Noodles - No boil or regular I have found it REALLY doesn't matter!
2 pounds of a combination of ground beef, venison, or Italian sausage brown and seasoned. You can also add chopped up pepperoni if the mood suits it is a fun addition!
Can of diced tomatoes - I like the flavor the ones with garlic and olive oil adds!
1 container Ricotta Cheese (I use lofat or skim)
Powdered Parmesan and Romano Cheese
Shredded Parmesan and Mozzarella or other Italian Blend Cheese
1 1/2- 2 jars of your favorite tomato based pasta sauce
1 cup water
First off you need to brown your meat, making sure to crumble into itty bitty bits and mix all together this allows all the flavors to meld and so when you are eating your lasagna you're not like oh that's hamburger and then oh my there's Italian sausage. Season with garlic and your favorite Italian seasoning blend or Oregano and Basil. If adding pepperoni wait!
Then add your can of diced tomatoes to the meat and bring to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer. Bringing to a boil begins to break down the tomatoes allowing their flavor to be released.


Meanwhile, in a glass bowl mix the container of Ricotta cheese, 1/2 cup of powdered Parmesan and Romano, and 1 cup of mozzarella or Italian blend cheeses such as provolone, Havarti etc. pop in the microwave for about 30 seconds to make it easier to stir together. That right there is my secret trick! That is what makes my lasagna different from your average lasagna!
Go back to your meat if adding pepperoni and stir it in now. I also add about half a jar of sauce.
Now it is time to assemble your lasagna!
I begin by pouring spaghetti sauce in a glass baking dish that I have sprayed with non-stick spray.
Then I put down a layer of noodles for a solid base, This helps hold all the layers together! Then on top of the noodles I add a thin layer of meat and tomato mixture.
Then I spread a think layer of the ricotta cheese mixture and sprinkle some of my grated Italian cheese on too!


After that I start over with another layer of noodles - I try to make each layer of noodles go the opposite direction from the one before to increase the lasagna's stability - no one likes flimsy lasagna! lol!

I get two layers of meat and riccotta from this recipes and then I top it off with noodles and pour any remaining spaghetti sauce on top. Then pour a cup of water in around the edges for the noodles - this is how we get away without boiling the noodles before hand!

Top with remaining grated cheese cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes at 350!
Yum! Check out all those layers of yumminess! Great served with garlic bread and salad!

I hope this recipe inspires you to give Lasagna a try on a week night!
I am linking up with Six Sisters Strut your Stuff this week!

0 Loves:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! It makes my day!

Who is the Krafty Mama?


Hi I'm the Krafty one! :) I'm the Queen to 2 little knights and a sweet princess. I married my knight in shining armor (kevlar) over 8 years ago and I am a REAL mom, wife and substitute teacher trying to be the best I can be! I love "krafting" but tend to buy more supplies than I actually use. I love make up, nail polish, hair products and fashion but have been known to leave the house in sweats a messy bun and no make up! I love to cook and bake but am guilty of feeding my kids McDonalds in a pinch. I love direct sales and have joined too many to mention! I would love to get to know you!

Keep In Touch

Subscribe via Email

Enter your email address:

Grab My Button!

I would love it if you would join me on Influenster!

ExpressionsVinyl Logo
Vera Bradley Designs, Inc.
Common Creative Licence Tessa Miller-Schweder. Powered by Blogger.
workshop

I was a Featured Blogger!!!!

My TPT Shop

GroopDealz.com
Custom Invitations and Cards
Hotwire US
FREE $10 Giftcard, FREE Shipping, and Exclusive Holiday LEGO Set. Only Nov 29th - Dec 2nd
Julep Beauty Inc.
JuiceBeauty.com FREE SHIPPING