10 Things to do with a pumpkin besides carve it


We went to Schweizer's Orchard's pumpkin patch last Saturday and had a great time!!! We picked our own pumpkins and got some apples, squash, and gourds. We saw friends of ours and the boys saw friends from Savannah. Blake is friends with the Orchard owner's son, Cole. He was so excited that Cole was at Cole's Orchard (which is what he calls it).  See the full post HERE.

Anyway, Andrew always does the carving of the pumpkins, usually while I am at Parent Teacher Conferences so I don't get many pictures. It's their thing. He has carved some amazing pumpkins over the years! Yoda, Darth Vader, a monkey, owl, elephant, creepy skeleton face, elephant, vampire, werewolf and more! This year he's going to try using the drill for Ava's Tinkerbell pumpkin.

I prefer decorating the foam pumpkins that will last from year to year! So here are things to do with a pumpkin besides carve it. As usual I try to share with you ideas that are doable with supplies that are relatively easy to obtain.

1. Washi Tape
No Carve Washi Tape Pumpkin Craft | #washittape #pumpkin #idea
I just love these little pumpkins from Fox Hollow Cottage. How easy are they? This is something you could even do with the kiddos for a class party or kids Halloween party. Who doesn't have tons of washi tape laying around? I know I do!

2. Buttons and a Bow
Pumpkin Decorating
I love this button pumpkin!! I searched forever but could never find the original source. I would use tiny pins to pin on the buttons then some paint to paint the stem, and some wired ribbon for a bow. This would work on a real or foam pumpkin.

3. Ribbon
I love the idea of using ribbon on a pumpkin! Probably cause I love ribbon! This is one I did last year. I used pins to attach the ribbon. I love it! So easy!

4. Use Lace or Patterned Hose!


Isn't this lace pumpkin from Dot Girl Blog chic? Super easy too! I can also see using patterned panty hose or tights! Top with a bow to finish it off.

5. Crayon Drip Art
crayon drip large
I love the creativity of this Crayon Drip Art pumpkin from The Swell Designer. How fun is this? There are so many possibilities! You could mask off parts and then remove the mask to leave parts white. Simple fun and easy!

6. Spray Paint

I love how Emily from 52 Mantels uses Vinyl which you can cut by hand or with your Silhouette Cameo then spray paints this cute polka-dot monogram pumpkin. Two things I love polka-dots and initials!!! I am seeing chevrons, names, all kinds of ideas.

7. Glitter it!


Who doesn't love glitter? (my husband, school custodians but aside from them) I love this large Initial glitter pumpkin my Meredith at UnOriginal Mom. She used double sided sticky paper from Silhouette. You could also use large glue dots to make glitter polka dots or go old school with a taped off design and glue with glitter.

8. Rhinestones

I absolutely love this Rhinestone Initial Pumpkin I created (shameless plug I know!) but really it was SO easy! I found the S out of rhinestones pre-made at Micahels Craft store then created the oval design around it with another sheet of different sized rhinestones. See THIS post for full details.

9. Wrap it with Yarn
I love these cozy yarn wrapped pumpkins from Everything Under the Moon. She used foam pumpkins and I love the yarn she chose.

10. Modge podge leaves or other items


This is so fun! I am already thinking of other things that I could decoupage to a pumpkin! This picture comes from Decorating Your Small Space.

Find Joy in the Journey,
Tess

0 Loves:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! It makes my day!

Who is the Krafty Mama?


Hi I'm the Krafty one! :) I'm the Queen to 2 little knights and a sweet princess. I married my knight in shining armor (kevlar) over 8 years ago and I am a REAL mom, wife and substitute teacher trying to be the best I can be! I love "krafting" but tend to buy more supplies than I actually use. I love make up, nail polish, hair products and fashion but have been known to leave the house in sweats a messy bun and no make up! I love to cook and bake but am guilty of feeding my kids McDonalds in a pinch. I love direct sales and have joined too many to mention! I would love to get to know you!

Keep In Touch

Subscribe via Email

Enter your email address:

Grab My Button!

I would love it if you would join me on Influenster!

ExpressionsVinyl Logo
Vera Bradley Designs, Inc.
Common Creative Licence Tessa Miller-Schweder. Powered by Blogger.
workshop

I was a Featured Blogger!!!!

My TPT Shop

GroopDealz.com
Custom Invitations and Cards
Hotwire US
FREE $10 Giftcard, FREE Shipping, and Exclusive Holiday LEGO Set. Only Nov 29th - Dec 2nd
Julep Beauty Inc.
JuiceBeauty.com FREE SHIPPING